Administration Specialist, Investments
Reports To: Manager of Investment Administration
This is a new position, reflecting the growing responsibilities of the Investment Group at The San Francisco Foundation. The Administration Specialist, Investments, will report to the Manager of Investment Administration and will play a key role in supporting the Investment Group, as well as collecting and maintaining the data required to report on and administer the 100+ investment accounts of The Foundation. Investments include equities, fixed income, hedge funds, and a range of limited partnerships in our Core Portfolio, as well as the portfolios of our Donor Choice (separately managed donor advised funds), Charitable Remainder Trust and Program Related Investment products. The Foundation’s investments are overseen by an Investment Committee and advised by an Investment Consultant.
- Provide general administrative support for the Investment Group.
- Ensure that reporting and documentation from custodial and commercial banks, investment managers/advisors and consultant are retrieved from their respective sources, and stored electronically.
- Organize and maintain complete and up-to-date electronic and hardcopy libraries/files. Preparation and coordination of hardcopy files for archiving.
- Entry of various investment-related data to be used in tracking, reconciliation and reporting.
- Assist in preparation of various investment-related reports and schedules for annual financial reporting, audit preparation and Form 990 tax filings. These include such things as sending and tracking audit confirmations, compiling data for fair market value testing and maintaining/identifying pertinent data related to offshore investments.
- Scheduling annual review meetings with investment managers, advisors, consultant and banks. Consolidation of meeting notes and maintain list of follow up/tracking action items.
- Maintain vendor contact information and ensure that authorized signers for various relationships are current, which includes sending out and tracking communications of updates to external vendors.
- Maintain and/or write procedures and work notes related to assigned responsibilities, and maintain overall organization of the Group’s procedures. Track data related to various investment activities, such as valuation updates, fees, major cash flows, and alternative investment activity (e.g. capital calls, distributions, etc.).
- Prepare draft Minutes of Investment Committee meetings, as written by the Manager of Investment Administration, for Committee approval, and follow up/track action items.
- Research and forward corporate action claim documents to relevant manager.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Assistance on other projects and duties, as needed.
- Highly responsible, responsive and conscientious team player with a positive attitude
- Must be highly organized, comfortable with complexity and detail-oriented
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excel at working with existing systems and resources while striving towards improvement
- Comfortable with using/implementing technology to improve the effectiveness of the Group
- Understanding of investment types, investment theory and capital markets
- Understanding of basic accounting and FASB requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High proficiency with Windows products (particularly Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience in extracting data from and reading investment accounting statements
- Having the following experience(s) is a PLUS:
- Investment administration
- Fund accounting
- Alternative investments
- Investment-related governmental filing requirements (such as FATCA)
- Blackbaud Financial Edge accounting system
EDUCATION: Minimum 4-year college degree with concentration in Finance/Investments, Accounting or Business and 2 years’ experience in related field.
COMPENSATION: A competitive compensation package commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package will be offered.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.