With more than $1.3 billion in assets, The San Francisco Foundation (TSFF) is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area, and working with its donors, it distributed nearly $100 million to nonprofit organizations last year. The San Francisco Foundation serves San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and San Mateo Counties.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Director of Human Resources
Provide day-to-day assistance and overall administrative support to the COO. Provide logistical and administrative support to the Director of Human Resources as needed. Provide administrative support to two standing Board committees (Governance and Human Resources). Explore innovative ways to bring value to the role while staying true to the mission of The Foundation. Collaborate with key stakeholders with The Foundation to support the strategic goals of the Operations Department.
- Provide administrative support to COO including assistance with reports and correspondence, meeting preparation and follow-up, scheduling, travel arrangements, invoice processing and expense reporting, maintaining file systems, and other duties as requested.
- Provide support to the Director of Human Resources in the recruitment of professional staff into the organization, including posting positions, responding to inquiries, preparing acknowledgement and regret letters; scheduling interviews, and other duties as requested.
- Assist with communications for external and internal constituents and respond to intra-office and public inquiries and requests for information related to human resources and operations.
- Work collaboratively with and act as a liaison between other Foundation departments in executing administrative processes related to operations and human resources.
- Participate in Operation’s team meetings, staff meetings, professional development activities, internal committees, and cross-departmental projects as appropriate.
- Coordinate record retention compliance and paperwork flow, including establishing and maintaining filing systems, correspondence, mail, and inter-office communications.
- Coordinate vacation/time off calendars for operations staff. Assist in tracking Department expenses.
- Act as Operations team liaison to the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system team.
Board Committee Administrative Support
- Provide administrative support to the COO and Director of HR for annual Human Resources Committee meeting and periodic ad hoc meetings, including meeting scheduling, data gathering, docket preparation and distribution.
- Provide administrative support to the COO for regularly scheduled and ad hoc Governance Committee meetings, including meeting scheduling, data gathering, docket preparation and distribution.
- Establish and maintain professional relationship with Board committee members and their staffs. Schedule and organize meetings, prepare and distribute meeting agendas and dockets, take minutes, and maintain records in accordance with The San Francisco Foundation’s record retention policy.
- Serve as back-up to the Assistant to the CFO in providing administrative support for quarterly 401(k) Committee meetings including agenda preparation, copying and distributing relevant materials, scheduling, and taking minutes.
- Provide logistical support for large and small meetings, convenings, and events including working with caterers, reserving facilities, setting up meetings.
- Minimum five years professional administrative support experience to senior staff
- Demonstrated success with managing administrative projects; ability to manage multiple competing tasks on a tight deadline
- Experience working with boards or other governing entities a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work appropriately with highly confidential information
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in interacting with others; produce quality work in a high production, multiple project environment
- Providing support to multiple individuals a plus
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources, or other appropriate discipline strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft suite of applications (Outlook, Excel, and Word) and a CRM database application (Raiser’s Edge and/or Sales Force preferred) at an intermediate or above level
- Ability to travel locally, as needed
Skills and Competencies
- Highly organized with good decision making and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, in addition to very good listening skills
- The ability to quickly learn new applications as they are introduced into the work environment and, as appropriate, assist in training other team members in using these applications
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Interest in philanthropy a plus
Compensation: Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package.
Application Deadline: Friday May 26, 2017
To Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter online at http://sff.org/about-tsff/administrative-information/employment-opportunities/
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.