With more than $1.3 billion in assets, The San Francisco Foundation (TSFF) is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area, and working with its donors, it distributed nearly $100 million to nonprofit organizations last year. The San Francisco Foundation serves San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and San Mateo Counties.
REPORTS TO: Director, Marketing and Communications
The Marketing and Communications Officer reports to and works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications. This officer is one of two marketing and communications officers on the team. As a core member of the marketing and communications team, the associate will help develop and drive the communications and marketing strategies to enhance and strengthen the position of The San Francisco Foundation to build stronger engagement among external stakeholders.
The Marketing and Communications Officer functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the communications strategy to build stronger relationships and engagement with the foundation through regular and targeted communications.
- Plan and implement the foundation’s events and develop new opportunities for engagement with the foundation.
- Work with all departments to support their events (e.g. fundraising events, program convenings, etc.) with marketing and communications strategies.
- Work with the director and vice president of marketing and communications on external affairs.
Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate as a member of the marketing and communications team in advancing the overall marketing and communications strategy for the foundation.
- Provide support on other marketing and communications projects, as needed.
- Assist with the creation and production of marketing/communications deliverables.
- Assist with the development of a messaging guide.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns to build stronger engagement.
- Work in conjunction with the digital communications officer on content creation for the website and identify opportunities for stronger engagement through social media.
- Create content for sff.org.
- Build and manage the new TSFF e-newsletter.
- Programs: Serve as the marketing and communications lead for the Place pathway, which is focused on anchoring communities, and its initiatives. This includes program and grantee communications support. Initiatives in this pathway include, but are not limited to: The Partnership for HOPE SF.
- Development and Donor Services (DDS): Serve as marketing and communications lead in strategic communications planning for planned giving. In addition, will work closely with the director on Bay Area Leads.
Leadership and Committee Roles
- Serve as the lead for the Community Leadership Awards staff committee.
- Represent the marketing and communications team on internal and external committees as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of six years of relevant experience. Knowledge of communications and community engagement strategies. Have a good understanding of the Bay Area is preferred.
- Knowledge, skills, and competencies: Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Strong ability to build successful relationships with media and key constituencies. Ability to work collaboratively in and across teams. Demonstrated ability to engage people from diverse backgrounds and in a variety of settings. Experience in developing community and donor engagement strategies.
- Demonstrable computer literacy in Microsoft Office Suite, contact management systems, and media databases.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, cover letter and two writing samples, which best represent your writing skills.