With more than $1.3 billion in assets, The San Francisco Foundation is one of the largest community foundations in the country. The Foundation is committed to expanding opportunity and ensuring a more equitable future for all in the Bay Area. Working closely donors, the Foundation distributed nearly $100 million to nonprofit organizations last year. The San Francisco Foundation serves San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, and San Mateo Counties.
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Expanding Access to Opportunity
The Program Assistant provides overall administrative, operational, and process support for the Team within the Foundation’s Program Department. This is a fully skilled assistant level position.
General Administrative Support
- This position provides administrative support to the Senior Director
- Provides assistance with calendar/scheduling, travel arrangements, expense reimbursement, and other administrative support services for the Senior Director.
- Acts as a primary information contact responding to intra-office and public inquiries and requests for information and redirecting inquiries and requests as appropriate. Drafts and disseminates minutes from meetings and convenings.
- Drafts and edits correspondence and transcribes recorded notes, information and reports.
- Coordinates paperwork flow, including establishing and maintaining filing systems, correspondence, mail, and inter-office communications.
- Processes consulting and vendor contracts and invoices. Trains new team members on administrative procedures. Provides back-up support to other Program Assistants and staff colleagues as appropriate.
- Assists in creating timelines for grant program(s) and has primary responsibility for managing timelines to ensure processes stay on track.
- Responds to grant seeker questions related to TSFF grantmaking systems, timelines, forms completion and processes.
- Reviews and/or tracks grantee submissions to ensure completeness and timely submissions and acquires missing documentation as needed.
- Accurately completes coding and information updates in the Foundation’s grantmaking and CRM systems.
- Drafts requests for waivers and expedite memos for review by the Senior Director.
- Creates standard and customized reports utilizing several different applications/databases.
- Assists in training new team members on grantmaking systems and processes.
- Provides back-up support to Program Assistants and staff colleagues as appropriate.
- Conducts grantee/org research in support of donor stewardship and cultivation. Updates specific areas of the TSFF website for the programmatic team.
- Has primary responsibility for managing all logistical aspects of convenings and events that are hosted by the programmatic team.
- Tasks include but are not limited to vendor negotiation, ongoing communication with speakers and attendees, coordination with Marketing and Communications staff on collateral, tracking RSVPs, day-of-event management, monitoring expenditures, and final payment of invoices.
- Provides administrative support and coordination of specific tasks as assigned by the supervisor for ongoing or time-limited projects or programs within the core program team.
- A minimum of five years of solid administrative experience providing support and working on a team.
- Highly organized with a strong understanding and expertise in both computer and office systems.
- Works well under minimal supervision by taking initiative, ensuring successful project management, and timely completion of all tasks.
- Ease in producing quality work in a high-production environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing, highly skilled with great attention to detail.
- Creates positive, long-term working relationships by demonstrating a commitment to customer service, tact, dependability, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Knowledge of basic finance and accounting practices.
- Experience working in non-profit and/or philanthropy a plus.
- Undergraduate degree strongly preferred.
Requires strong computer skills specifically in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and database applications. Familiarity with using Raiser’s Edge a plus.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with background and experience in addition to a very competitive benefits package.
The San Francisco Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people of diverse backgrounds to apply.